The Family

The Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ticket is BOOKED!!!!

Just got off the phone with Delta a little while ago and I am now the proud new owner of a round-trip, economy class ticket to CHINA!  Praise the Lord! 

Gideon is also the proud new owner (though he doesn't know it yet) of a one way ticket HOME leaving Hong Kong on Saturday May 21st!!!!!!!

I am so grateful to be going to bring our son home where he belongs.  It has been a long past three months filled with tests, sputum smears, doctor notes, waivers and the like.  I just want my baby home, safe, here with us.

I cannot wait for the moment that my husband and kids see him in the airport for the first time.  My eyes well up just thinking about it.  Heck I cried when just Evan and I returned home just thinking about what it would be like when we finally had Gideon there with us, I know I am going to bawl at the real thing!!

Thank you so much for everyone who has helped pray us through this journey.  It is only by God's grace that we are finally to this point.  He has moved SO MANY mountains for us in this adoption and continues to bless us every single day.  He just makes things happen in the most miraculous way and if nothing else, I want this adoption and our story to be an amazing testimony to His love and provision for His children and His awesome power.

To God give the glory, great things He has done!

Our family has been so strengthened in our faith by this whole journey.  The outpouring of love from His people on our behalf has been overwhelming and we are eternally grateful!

Please keep those prayers coming as Gideon and I travel this next week.  I have to travel through JFK as well as Japan and I am less than thrilled by both of those-- for obvious reasons.  But I know God will protect me.  And the upside of this is that for our return flight, we only have to make one stop rather than two!  That means we get home quicker which is a big plus!

Thank you again for everyone's love, concern and prayers.  It means the world to us!

And if you have ever considered adopting.... jump on in there and do it!  God loves the orphans and He will provide!  Give Him the opportunity to work through your family.  There are so many children out there who need loving homes.  Take that first step.  Make that leap.  Put your faith in Him, and rescue the life of a child.  There is no greater blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment