The Family

The Family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rolling Right Along.....

Oh dear summer, you go fleeting by!  Why do you go so fast?!

I am beginning to realize that our lazy days are winding down.  Before I know it, school time will be upon us and I really don't feel ready for that yet.  So, I am going to try to make the most of the lazy days we have left!

Evan and Gideon started soccer practice today.  Gideon did so well!  I could just kick myself for not taking any pictures, I will try to remember to this Saturday. 

His teammates were all so sweet and kind to him!  They made it a point to ask him his name and introduce themselves, and give him a pat on the back or call out some encouraging words when he made a good pass or scored a goal during practice.  Made this momma's heart swell.

My dear sweet boy.  So brave to be trying all these new things with all these strange people at his age, when he still can't even communicate well with them yet.  He is really incredible.

On another note, the girls are coming home tomorrow too!  :)
They have been having tons of fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but we are ready for them to be back here with us now.  They have had all sorts of wonderful adventures-like kayaking- and have done all kinds of fun activities like baking and going to the movies and getting their nails done!  I know they have appreciated all the special treatment and loved every minute of it!!

We at home have been having a blast helping out with the Ukrainian orphans here for the hosting program in Raleigh.  We go up again for our last visit this Thursday to take them to the lake.  That should be fun! 

There are so many sweet boys and girls looking for a home.  I really find it hard to believe that only a few have committed families so far!  I will be doing a post on them in the next couple of days, but please, if you are interested at all in finding out more about these children, please email me at jurowe@vnet.net or leave me a comment below and I will be happy to get you more information.  Take a look at some of their sweet faces.......







These kids are incredibly brave too--- coming to a foreign country, living with host families who only speak English for three weeks and hoping with all their might that someone picks them to be their child.  I don't know if I could have done that at 7, or 10, or 13.  They are all outstanding children, and our family is blessed beyond measure to have met them and been able to help out with this program even a little bit.  It has brought us great joy and a renewed devotion to the plight of the orphans in this world.

Everyone  Everyone  Everyone  in this world deserves a family.

Please take time to pray for the orphans.
Pray especially that these precious children find families.




No comments:

Post a Comment