The Family

The Family

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Children Are Children No Matter Where They Come From

I wanted to post a link here to the "No Greater Joy Mom" blog because today she touched on a topic I find especially important. I think her post was so eloquent and thorough that I couldn't have said it better myself so you can just read it from her here.

Her post is about adopting internationally.  Many times people ask the questions or make the statements..... "Why don't you just adopt here in the US?"  "There are tons of foster kids available"  "Shouldn't other countries take care of their OWN children?"

Well, our family HAS adopted from the US foster care system, until that system told us we had too many children to adopt any more.  But others feel lead towards international adoption exclusively, and I agree with her main point, you have to go where GOD leads you.  Children are children and need love and families no matter where they are.

So please read her post, especially if you are one of those who has ever wondered WHY people would choose to adopt from a foreign country instead of here in the good 'ole USA.  I think she has it in a nutshell.




No comments:

Post a Comment